Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Can't Believe It!



It's not exactly a huge score, but after the 8 1/2 hours I went through to get there, I'll take it. And believe me, given the performance I have put up in limited tournaments on pokerstars this year, I still can't believe I actually won anything of significance on this site at any point during 2010. There may be a post coming on this score, but frankly the fact that I did not win really weighs against me profiling this one like I used to in the olden days. Suffice it to say that I quickly turned a 2:1 chip deficit into a 2:1 chip lead in heads-up play in this event, but then my opponent got TT vs my A9, and then his JJ on the very next hand vs. my J9 on a Jack-high flop to close me out. I guess after he was dealt pocket Aces three times at the final table and at least five times in the final three hours of this thing, TT and JJ in back to back hands when heads-up should not surprise me. But I'm not really complaining, believe me after a year that for me has been pretty scant in the online tournament score department -- again, in particular on pokerstars -- I'll take whatever I can get, and in my heads-up opponent's defense, I don't think I saw him get in behind in a bad spot even one time over maybe four hours of playing together, which -- again especially for pokerstars -- is something I can't believe I'm able to say.

This was probably the single best I have played an online mtt in a long time, and I did not get it in bad at any point during the 8 1/2 hours of play to get there. I played cool, calm and collected all through the home stretch rush to the final table through 1324 of the 1325 players to nab a nice score of roughly 150 buyins on this badboy, far and away the best performance I've ever had in maybe 40 or 50 times running this nightly $27.50 buyin, 30k guaranteed tournament at 8pm ET on pokerstars. As I said, I may have some more to say about this tournament later in the week, but for now I will just chalk this one up to a nice late holiday present for me from the site that has otherwise pretty much been the bane of my online poker existence in 2010.

Go Eagles tonight at home vs. the Vikings!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on the ca$h.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Congrats. Well done. Hard to keep focus and a cool head for so many hours.

2:52 AM  
Blogger l.e.s.ter said...

AWESOME! Looks like you didn't leave too much cash on the table with a second-place finish anyway.

4:41 AM  
Blogger jjok said...

well done bub......

6:38 AM  
Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

About time u do a Poker Post. Nice score!

7:32 AM  
Blogger MorningThunder said...

NICE!!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Congrats man, a little more steak for the WSOP.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home