Wednesday, May 13, 2009

L O S T

There's just so much to talk about today. I could write about the incredible run of suckouts I have been experiencing over the past few weeks, one of the worst of my career. I could write about the hot streak I have been on over the past couple of days, even despite being unable to get out of my own way as my favorites have had trouble holding up. I've been thinking more about the BBT and have some thoughts on that. MLB fined White Sox pitcher Bobby Jenks a whopping $750 for admitting he intentionally threw behind an opposing batter while on the mound, that's worthy of some mention. And then there's always the stock market, which hasn't been at the forefront of the news so much recently but which has quietly staged one of the most impressive rallies of all time, in context of course. Believe me when I say I've got a ton of thoughts about all that swirling around as well.

But then every couple minutes, I remember: tonight is the Lost finale. And then I forget everything else I was thinking about previously.

Anybody who's a Lost fan who claims that today is just another regular day is full of it. If you're like me, even early in the morning it's all you can do to keep yourself from jumping out of your chair to get out of here and get ready for the show. A helpful commenter informed me that it is apparently a clip recap show from 8-9pm ET, followed by a two-hour season finale. Come to think of it, they've done that before as I recall, maybe last year. And for once, I don't care. You'll find me, eyes glued to the tv, tonight at 8pm to watch all the clips they want to show me. It's not so much that I don't know what's going on in the show, but rather that I enjoy using that time to just get into the flow of Lost, to let the whole experience of another crazy Lost finale wash over me advance of the real fireworks beginning at 9.

All I know is, I'm going to get the heck out of the office as early as possible today, to get myself at my home base and set up for what I expect to be a really fun night on the boob tube, which is not something you hear me saying much anymore these days. I definitely think it's a good assumption that sheer craziness is going to happen in tonight's finale, which is the show's last best opportunity for an insane cliffhanger show, as next season's season finale will also be the series finale, with nothing left to cliff-hang to. As I mentioned earlier in the week, I am hoping that we're going to see some of the characters we have known for the past six years "die" tonight, only to remain present on the island in the future in Jacobian incorporeal form. I definitely expect one way or the other to understand after tonight's finale what Richard meant last week when he said he just watched all of Locke's people die. I also expect to get to hear the inside of that hidden conversation on the beach between Eloise and Charles Widmore just before she announced that she was buying into Jack's little plan (the DPAT, don't forget), although I don't see that as a particularly moving thing anymore since most people already suspect Eloise to be pregnant with Daniel at that very time, and whether she is or isn't, the point is, Daniel is either a young boy, or not quite born yet in 1977.

Other questions that would be nice to get at least some information about tonight:

Who or what actually is Richard Alpert? What is his connection to the black smoke?

What does lie in the shadow of the statue?

What ever happened to Iliana and the crazy statue-shadow talking crew back in 2007? We haven't seen them for a few weeks all of a sudden.

Can anyone actually change the past?

I'm also wondering, anybody wanna take a guess in the comments as to what the final scene of the finale is going to be tonight? Some possible suggestions I had:

A true major character dying?

The island blowing up and going down into the water?

The castaways hurtling randomly through time by the explosion from the Jughead?

Locke gets to Jacob, and sees that Jacob is actually ???? Jack? Christian? Walt? Himself? Someone else entirely?

Any other good ideas for the finale of tonight's Lost finale?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

I am absolutely stoked. I think the ending is a Locke/Jacob confrontation, the cliffhanger will most likely as you said be revealed to be a character we already know. Maybe a Claire reappearance also?

The odds on favorite has to be Locke = Jacob, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Jacob turns out to be someone like...Jack? Or just a complete left field candidate we didnt expect.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Julius_Goat said...

Sawyer for the dead pool.

Paul McCartney is Jacob

12:53 AM  
Blogger Bayne_S said...

I love the Bobby Jenks fine.

He retaliated old school for teammates being hit and threw at the fleshy ass just like the old timers.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home