Monday, November 19, 2007

Thinking Happy Thoughts

I was going to start today by saying that I don't even know where to begin, but to be honest, I've already been starting off like that for at least a week or so, and the shit I've endured and seen over the past several days in the poker world has only gotten worse. I don't even know where to begin beginning anymore. I've already given up ever winning a BBTwo tournament, I've already lost every which way imaginable in the FTOPS, and I already can't stop myself from losing to instacalls by utter donkeys, even with completely shitty hands that are significantly behind my own. The depths to which my frustration and outright anger about this game have sunk are without a doubt at an all-time low, and I don't even need to say stoopid things about what I'm going to do or not do about it anymore. I am at a total and complete loss. I know reading this blog has been like reading a depressed, angry mental patient's memoirs over the past few weeks, and let me tell you right now: it's only going to get worse. If you haven't enjoyed reading recently any more than I've enjoyed writing and (believe me) living through this shit, then stop now.

I guess first let me update you on what's happened since I posted here last. On Friday was FTOPS #12 in limit holdem. I dominated that tournament, tremendously. As with just about every other FTOPS tournament I played in (more on that later), I made it well through half the field and had more than twice the average stack about 3 1/2 hours in. Then, in the span of 15 minutes, it was river suckout, river suckout, and then when short-stacked, run TPTK into pocket Aces, and I was done. Just like that. I'd love to say I messed something up in there, but there's no way you could play it any differently than I played any of those three hands that is anything but -EV as compared to what I did. I was ahead, I knew I was ahead, and then I got riversucked for a straight and for trips, and then of course there was the pocket Aces. In fact, at the same time on Friday night I played in the donkament, and wouldn't ya know it I got busted with TPTK vs. pocket Aces there too, the fourth fucking time I ran into pocket Aces in just that tournament alone, and I'm talking about just probably 90 minutes of play.

On Saturday night I sat down to play my one and only satellite into the FTOPS ME. It was one of those $100 buyin satellites, it had 74 players and I believe paid 14 spots into the ME. I dominated. It was ugly what I did to people. Again and again. I was in 1st place when we reached the 14 money spots, and I ended up winning it outright just for good measure. I played in the ME on Sunday evening at 6pm ET, and I quickly doubled up against a complete tool when I flopped a set of 8s on a Queen-high flop, and this jackass paid me off his entire stack with me betting or even raising on every single street when he had just KQ. Good stuff. Anyways I ran through this thing playing very, very well, and spent most of the first 3 1/2 hours of the tournament at around 15k, three times the starting "superstack" of 5k. Then this fun hand went down against the table chip leader:

FullTiltPoker Game #4222309179: FTOPS Main Event (30641981), Table 162 - 200/400 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:40:27 ET - 2007/11/18
Seat 1: EroEza (9,012)
Seat 2: Hockeystud94 (17,050)
Seat 3: tilteymcfish (13,290)
Seat 4: BrandonPL (10,053)
Seat 5: The-Toilet 0 (11,843)
Seat 6: iranewport (19,630)
Seat 7: hoyazo (17,677)
Seat 8: 2raven (39,611)
Seat 9: pcon23 (25,483)
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hoyazo [Ad Ac]
*Action folds around to me in the cutoff.
hoyazo raises to 1,640
2raven calls 1,640
*Everyone else folds, so we see a heads-up flop:
*** FLOP *** [9s 3c 2s]
hoyazo bets 3,400
2raven calls 3,400
*** TURN *** [9s 3c 2s] [3s]
hoyazo checks
2raven bets 8,000
hoyazo raises to 12,587, and is all in
2raven calls 4,587
hoyazo shows [Ad Ac]
2raven shows [6h 6s]
*** RIVER *** [9s 3c 2s 3s] [8s]
hoyazo shows two pair, Aces and Threes
2raven shows a flush, Nine high
2raven wins the pot (36,304) with a flush, Nine high
hoyazo stands up

I do have the screenshots of this entire hand but I just can't stand looking at these piles of dogshit anymore. I really can't. All I know is, this is just the latest in a long long string of examples where I show the patience to wait until after the fucking turn card before getting allin, and still get megafucked. I mean, it's not like I slow-played pocket Aces to see a river, which is just about the fucking stoopidest thing anyone with AA can ever do in holdem (and yet I see it all the time). I raised my standard amount preflop from the cutoff when I was sure I was ahead, and the table chip leader called me from the blinds. I bet out my standard amount on the flop -- a little more than 2/3 of the 4300-chip pot -- when I was again sure I was ahead, and it was the raggiest flop you could imagine. Dinkhead table chip leader calls me out of the blinds. Now with about 12k in the pot, I check to the guy I am manipiulating like clay, and he bets out 8k into the 12k pot. I could not possibly be any happier of course, and I insta-push for my last 4500 or so on top. Now at this point it's 4k for him to call into a pot that is around 28k, so I can't kill him for not folding here. I thought for sure he would call, and I was dancing in my room knowing that he probably would. If you think I wanted him to fold here, then you're nuts. I'll take that last 4500 chips from him, why the F not! All I know is, I bet standard preflop, and I bet standard on the flop, and then I checkraised allin on the turn. So that ain't slowplaying AA. That's what we in the business call kicking the crap out of the table big stack and doubling up with AA by playing it perfectly. Beyond perfectly. He made a horrible play, but I can't blame him. I've yet to meet the person who doesn't double me up with the way I played that hand. It's not possible. I was just that good.

Then the river completes his 11-outer 24% shot, that he could not possibly think was anything more than a 2-outer btw, and IGH in 1331st place out of 4371 runners. I was one card away from being back in the top 100 in chips, and suddenly the fonkey who has lucksacked (obviously) his way into the table big stack knocks me out by playing so unmitigatingly poorly that the full tilt rng just has to reward him. What the flock can I do better than this? Like I said, if I slowplayed those Aces on any street, maybe you could question me. But I bet preflop, I bet the flop and I checkraised allin on the turn. It was perfect. Perfect doesn't even begin to describe it. I effed the guy and then full tilt effed me. Story of my life on full tilt poker dot comsucker.

I also played the Big Game on Sunday night, the latest BBTwo tournament, and I played well in that too, getting out to a decent win early on and then maintaining my stack above the 5000-chip starting stack from beginning to end of the tournament. Unfortunately, that end was about 90 minutes in, in 30-somethingth place, on one of the worst setup hands I have endured in some time:

FullTiltPoker Game #4223382025: Blogger Big Game (31592875), Table 4 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:17:40 ET - 2007/11/18
Seat 1: DonkeyPuncher74 (6,552)
Seat 2: Kajagugu (7,330)
Seat 3: irongirl01 (2,165)
Seat 4: HighOnPoker (10,935)
Seat 5: cmitch (15,361)
Seat 6: hoyazo (11,590)
Seat 7: OtisDart (14,472)
Seat 9: twoblackaces (4,270)
cmitch posts the small blind of 150
hoyazo posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hoyazo [4c Th]
*Action folds to cmitch in the small blind.
cmitch calls 150
hoyazo checks
*** FLOP *** [8s Qh Tc]
cmitch checks
hoyazo bets 600
cmitch calls 600 So here I bet the flop with my second pair in the blind vs blind battle. I figured going in my Ten was most likely ahead, but when cmitch, a known tighty, called that bet, I figured maybe he happens to have a Queen. But don't worry, that's not the setup part of the hand. No way I'm going broke with 2nd pair 4 kicker, even in a blind vs. blind confrontation. Not a chance in hell.
*** TURN *** [8s Qh Tc] [Td]
cmitch bets 900
hoyazo calls 900 Now look at me. I'm so evil. First I bet out with 2nd pair, got called and put cmitch on a Queen, two pairs, something like that after he called me. Now I've turned trips and I have mitch exactly where I want him. What's more, this time he leads out against me. After I led out on the flop and he called. It's obvious he has a Queen or something similar at this point. So what do I do? I just call that bet. Like I said, I'm evil what can I say?
*** RIVER *** [8s Qh Tc Td] [6s]
cmitch bets 2,400
hoyazo has 15 seconds left to act
hoyazo raises to 9,765, and is all in
cmitch has 15 seconds left to act
cmitch: man - horrible freaking turn card
cmitch has requested TIME
cmitch: yuk
cmitch: yuk
hoyazo: youre calling
hoyazo: i can tell
hoyazo: you dont believe
cmitch: u have a boat
cmitch: ?
cmitch calls 7,365
hoyazo: no i dont even have a car Great example of the humorous chat you always get from me in any tournament, even if you're too out of it to recognize my stellar play like most of you fuggerz.
*** SHOW DOWN ***
hoyazo shows [4c Th] three of a kind, Tens
cmitch shows [Js 9h] a straight, Queen high
cmitch wins the pot (23,330) with a straight, Queen high
hoyazo stands up

Now how do you not love that? So cmitch flopped a straight with J9o out of the small blind. So what if that hasn't happened for me in approximately the last seven years? I can live with that. It's the Ten on the turn that made this hand into the monstrous setup that it was. There is no way I can possibly think I'm behind in this hand once I trip up on the turn, even with my shit kicker. Anyone out there who doesn't go broke here? Then you're a fucking idiot. So there.

I guess without getting into the details, let me just say that I watched a lot, a lot, of absolutely horrible poker this weekend, basically seeing it repeatedly get rewarded in sick, disgusting and truly unbelievable ways. Some of this happened against me, and some of it was just things I saw from the rail. People with clearly no clue of how tournament poker works. People who obviously just wanted to go home. People who were so tilted that they had decided they were going allin before the hand even started regardless of what they were dealt or the action ahead of them. Again and again and again it got rewarded this weekend. There are not even words to describe the shit I saw. And yet all I did was get sucked out on 14 times over the weekend, with exactly, precisely zero suckouts in my favor over the same timespan. Think about it, you guys who played the donkament and the Big Game with me and/or who railed me in the FTOPS ME -- not one of you fonks saw me suck out on anyone even once. 14 suckouts against, zero suckouts for, over a good 10 or 15 hours of poker. Think about that, for real. Can any of you even really imagine what that must feel like? How the fuck do I still have a bankroll on full tilt? Seriously.

Btw congratulations to VinNay for winning the next BBTwo Aussie Millions Tournament of Champions seat in the Big Game on Sunday. And congrats to jeciimd for his second place finish in the Big Game, following up on his Big Game victory from last month. That guy is on such a roll right now. Seriously guys, I do not understand why you people who run good all the time do not play the big tournaments all the time. How do you not? With the way I saw some people running this weekend -- again and again and afuckingain -- how can you not be finding the money to play in the biggest tournaments? I just don't understand. If I ran like that -- or if I even just didn't run horribly at all times every second of every minute of every day of every week of every month of every year of every decade of every century of every milennium -- you could not keep me away from the big weekly Sunday tournaments on full tilt and the similar shit on fuckerstars. You couldn't pay me not to play in them. I would play poker professionally and I would probably make 10-20 grand a day playing tournaments.

But instead I am perpetually cursed to get in ahead and finish up behind. How the fuck do I still even have a roll on full tilt? I honestly cannot explain it. With the sickass luckboxes I play against regularly, these people who don't even care to learn anything about poker or to better their sorrowfully flawed play and prefer instead to just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, I just can't understand it and I am having an incredibly difficuilt time right now even dealing with it all, just taking it all in. You know, there are plenty -- believe me -- of bad poker players among our group of ghey bloggers. But even some of the bad ones are obviously trying to better themselves, trying to figure out what goes wrong and striving to get better. And I respect that. Those people have a little bit of me in them. Sure, they haven't spent the last five years reading every single poker book ever put out onto the market and constantly practicing what they're reading and consistently focusing on their game, their mistakes and on improving their decision-making. But even some of the poor players you can just tell are trying to get better, even if only in their own ways. It's the people who just make no effort whatsoever to improve that are getting to me lately. I don't know. I am more down on poker right now for sure than I've been at any time since starting this blog. I may need to go back and read through my archives from 600 posts ago and see how true that really is. I remember getting sucked out on to bust out of I think 15 or 16 consecutive tournaments on fuckerstars. But I left that site long ago and it's been much better since then. I can honestly say I'll never go back to dickwadstars, because I think the site sucks and I hope it licks my balls. This is as low as it gets for me. At least I hope it can't get any lower than this.

OK after that positive spin on things, tonight is the latest fucking BBTwo tournament -- Fucking Mondays at the Shiteating Hoy.



FMATSH goes off tonight at 10pm ET as always on full fucking fucktilt. Password as always is "hammer". Tonight as I've mentioned previously will be turbo 6-max holdem. If you don't like that format, then please take your shitty titty poker game and fuck off. And in case you're wondering, I meant what I said last week when I said I had given up on doing well in these fonkfests. I'll tell you shitheads what I'm going to do tonight -- I am going to suck out on someone. Bad. At least I'm going to try. I saw so many people win so many huge hands this weekend by calling huge preflop allins with big stacks and pocket 4s, by instapushing in huge massive overbets with 95o and getting called by strong hands, that tonight my only goal in life is to play like a fucking monkey without a clue about tournament poker and ruin somebody's night. That's what I've been reduced to. You fuckers think you're the only ones who can act like shitcocks and consistently get away with it? Well you're right -- obviously I will get donked early whenever I try to play the exact opposite of smart tournament poker like I described above and suck out on someone else. But I'm going to try anyways. For the FMATSH's $26 buyin tonight, all I want to do is ruin someone's else night. Destroy their chance at making the BBTwo ToC freeroll, and crush their dreams of going to Australia to donk themselves out of a real poker tournament in the first hour or two because that anushead hasn't got the first fucking clue how to play this game and not a bone in their body is interested in trying to improve. All you assholes who sit around and rely on refuckulous luck and idiotic play to win a buck or two once in a long, long while, watch out tonight. I'm not even going to think about trying to win, cash, make the points, or even survive at all in the MATH tonight. Tonight is all about trying my damnedest to do to some of you little shits what's been done to me and what I've seen you do to others for farrrrr too long.

Tonight I am coming for you. Be there at 10pm ET on fuck tilt "poker".

Labels: , , , , , , ,

25 Comments:

Blogger cmitch said...

I see required anger management classes in your future. ;)

The BBG hand against me was a total setup, especially since we were both pretty deep. The flat call of the turn and shove on the river really threw me off. In the end, I figured I that I had the best hand b/c I couldn't see you insta-shoving the river with a full house if you pegged me as tight. I haven't played against you a ton, but do you shove a boat on the end that deep? (If I remember correctly, you normally do something like raise to 4,800 instead of shove for 9,800 with a boat there.)

Brutal beat in the FTOPS sucked - not sure what that guy was thinking.

I'm working late tonight but will try to make the turbo 6 max MATH. It should be a fun luckfest.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Gnome said...

I love tilty Hoy!
You know the drill though: play smart, make good decisions and win in the long run.
Don't sweat the short term. Fish always pay in the end.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

A+ rant. You get extra credit for the general feeling of unhappiness and hopelessness conveyed throughout.

11:39 PM  
Blogger BadBlood said...

I enjoyed this post. Misery loves company.

12:05 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

I take it you are feeling a tad unsettled with online poker lately ...

12:18 AM  
Blogger Julius_Goat said...

What Hoy said. I'll take a helping of that too, please.

12:29 AM  
Blogger lj said...

6 max turbo? Cannot wait!!!that me loss is sick. in my own, albeit rather limited experience, poker is full of swings and things will turn around.

12:51 AM  
Blogger lucko said...

LOL@ "I know reading this blog has been like reading a depressed, angry mental patient's memoirs over the past few weeks, and let me tell you right now: it's only going to get worse."

Awesome post!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Chad C said...

Poker is a retarded game. If you watch a Sunday major final table its the most disgusting thing that you will ever see! Every weekend some one you have never heard of, or a full tilt bot withs $100K+ and I want to ring their necks. Watching donks run like gods really steams me as well.

Where are the re-buys? I thought MATH was going to be $10r unlimited :(

1:17 AM  
Blogger bayne_s said...

When is Super Turbo MATH with 100 chip starting stacks?

1:30 AM  
Blogger Julius_Goat said...

I want super turbo 100 stack sixhanded MATH with knockouts unlimited rebuys! I want TEN of them, each starting within seven minutes of each other! GIVE ME MY POKER INJECT THE POKER RIGHT INTO MY EYE!!!!!!!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Tough break in the FTOPS hoy, I missed your exit hand as I was at LJs table bopping back and forth.
--I saw your Big game exit since I was seated next to you. Ive said it before It always seems that there are "action" hands on FT that favor the bigger stack.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

FYI the $10 rebuy MATH will be next week, not tonight. That shit is gonna be fun. I'm going to play that motherfather like it's the donkament. I only wish I could pick my starting table in that tournament.

2:43 AM  
Blogger jamyhawk said...

Great post! I am now striving to be the KOSO: King of the SuckOuts! Seems most winners hit their fair share...

3:31 AM  
Blogger PokerFool said...

tough beat in the Main Event. i was railing you when it happened.

Did you notice that the tard who busted you finished in 18th place for a $10,000 payday?

3:38 AM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

I know reading this blog has been like reading a depressed, angry mental patient's memoirs over the past few weeks

---

hilarious but we've all been there.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Astin said...

Great consistency of despair throughout the post. Bravo.

Tonight you either Gigli or bubble.

Why? Because you'll purposely run 73o into aces pre-flop and win it to double up (or lose and go home), and then your poker training will take over at some point and you won't be able to play donkpoker anymore. Then you'll bubble.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Astin said...

Great consistency of despair throughout the post. Bravo.

Tonight you either Gigli or bubble.

Why? Because you'll purposely run 73o into aces pre-flop and win it to double up (or lose and go home), and then your poker training will take over at some point and you won't be able to play donkpoker anymore. Then you'll bubble.

3:53 AM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Not to rain on your depressing parade, but the BBG set-up hand was kind of your fault. You are jamming your whole stack with something that could be so far from the nuts? Why not call it down? Did you think the overbet would make you look strong? I didn't understand it at all.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Kaja,

If you are trying to tilt me, you have failed.

If you mean what you said, then you have shown how little you understand tournament poker for all to see.

Failure or Fonkey?

You can choose.

Btw cmitch if you ever read down this far, yes of course I am pushing allin there with anything that I think is the nuts. Definitely with a boat.

Pokerfool, of course I did not look to see who finished where in the ME, but I love the thought that that asscockian shitsucker won 10 grand after playing like that. You just know when he tells his friends it will be all about how great he played and will never even remember how he called allin with what he figured to be 2 outs once, turned out to be 11 outs once, and sucked the big one out on the best player in the entire field who had outplayed him 100 times over on that crucial hand.

Astin, you have my word that I will not revert to real poker mode tonight no matter what happens in the Hoy. I only want to ruin some people's nights, and that's it. I'm not saying I'll never fold a hand, but when I think I have some outs or that flush draw or whatever against TPTK, I am calling that shiat without hesitation. I give my word I will not deviate from the plan.

4:37 AM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Hoy, I was not trying to tilt you. And I don't care if everyone knows I know nothing about tournament poker, because I never claimed I had a clue.

I am genuinely trying to understand why you would jam your entire stack against a bigger stack who has shown nothing but strength throughout the whole hand. He only completed the blind so he could have anything. If you just call there you still have chips left. But if you jam and you're beat, you're out.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Don't bother trying to understand me, Kaja, that's obviously not gonna happen.

Let's just hope you're at my starting table in the Hoy tonight.
:)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Instead of saying nice rant (which it was), I'll offer up an observation. If something made me that unhappy, i.e a girl, a job, I'd leave. The girl might be hot, and the job might be lucrative, but I'd leave, nonetheless. I know part of the allure of poker is the ups and downs, but I haven't seen many ups lately from you.
You are a terrific player and a great bloggger and it's sure fun for me to read this stuff, but if I were you, I'd take a break.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Blinders said...

Great rant! I don't like the check on the turn on the AA hand with a three flush on the board. I think you need to jam that, and the guy goes away. He could have checked behind and made his flush, and you can't let people draw for free like that when you are that exposed.

It's tough to think this way, but when you are getting it in ahead and losing in MTTs it means you are playing solid poker, and should not change a thing. I think your biggest problem is you let this stuff effect you in a negative way to where you actually want to be the other guy that gets it in behind. You are starting to become the donk that you always complain about.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Wild Deuces 2-3-4 said...

something stupid - getting the rest of his 4500 ... simplicity thinking is ussually the best thinking in poker(against the donks). If your playing to trap - you run the risk of losing it all. something my Girl would say. why did you check it to him what if he has a draw in this case a spade; well if he has a draw. he might think he's good and call. you have succeedded in getting his money in, good job. but now... now you have to avoid the suck out. something u may have avoided by playing it fast.
how do the pros play a made hand in limit? they bet....
hope I trully dont sound like a tard-

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home