Thursday, February 09, 2006

Live Blogging?

I am ashamed to admit it, but last night I tried to live blog three separate tournaments in which I played, but had to keep erasing the posts, because somehow I was transformed yesterday from my usual mild-mannered self into Hee-Haw the Donkey just seconds before I started my first tournament. As a result, I failed to get past the first or second round in any of the three tournaments I entered, so the live blogs were not much to write home about. Of course, when I ended my night by entering the $10 large tourney on pokerstars, MY event, I gave up on the live blogging and that's the one that I managed to stick around in for a while. But while I freely admit that I was Hee-Haw for those first three events, in the $10 tourney I seemed to be back to my old self. Including being in the top 200 out of about 600 remaining (870 entrants total) and having my allin opponent suck out an inside straight on the river against my flopped trip 9s to nearly cripple me, leaving me with just 160 chips with blinds of 100-200. From there I staged one of the greatest comebacks in poker history, getting myself all the way back up to 3800 chips and back into the top half of the remaining players with just around 200 remaining and 162 players geting paid out. While I was setting my sights on making my 5th cash out of my last 7 appearances in the $10 tournament, I was dealt QQ, had a similar sized stack to me move in unprovoked, which I took to be a steal attempt, so I called him. He flipped 10-10 and I was sitting pretty, about to vault into the top 20 in chips of the remaining players. Then the flop of 10-5-4 came, of COURSE no help for me, and I was out, just like that. I went from being Hee-Haw, to playing against Hee-Haw, only when HE was Hee-Haw, he actually GOT the donkey cards to knock me out. Disgusting. And I'm still pissed off ths morning about it. Thank god I'm going to final table Wil's tournament tonight, yknow?

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Good luck in Wil's game tonight. It starts too late for me to play in, but I'll probably drop in and rail for a little bit.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Come find me in WWdN tonight, Matt. I plan on being in the lead throughout if I have any say in it.

Though I have to say, if you will be up to rail in it, you should be honoring the tournament by being up enough to play in the thing, at least that's my two cents. With my three final tables in large events, I've been up until 2-3am each time, while still needing to be up at 6am for work later that same morning. See, it's all a question of priorities man.

See you tonight. PLAYING.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Haha, but see, the difference between you and me is I'm not INSANE. :-) I'll probably rail for the first round or so, but then it will be off to bed for me.

9:57 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I will be your Huckleberry.. lol. I am pulling for me and you at the final table! Wish you alot of luck!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home